The battle against gum disease begins with 3 daily oral hygiene habits. They including brushing your teeth and gums, flossing between your teeth and using a dentist-recommended form of mouth cleanser or mouthwash. As each tool can assist your teeth and gums in different ways, they all provide a measure of protection against gum disease.
Brushing, flossing, and using mouthwash can each provide an array of benefits for your mouth. Here are some ways they can help:
The Benefits of Brushing:
– Brushing your teeth twice daily can prevent plaque buildup and reduce the risk for gum disease and tooth decay.
– Brushing your teeth can combat halitosis (bad breath).
– Some food particles can stick to your teeth or gums and must be removed with effective brushing techniques.
The Benefits of Flossing:
– Flossing can remove hidden food particles in your mouth that can lead to gum disease and tooth decay.
– Flossing once daily can improve your oral health by preventing plaque buildup between your teeth.
– Some food particles can get stuck between your teeth, and cannot be removed by mouthwash and brushing alone.
The Benefits of Mouthwash:
– Mouthwash can combat halitosis (bad breath).
– Mouthwash can wash away harmful bacteria or acids that cause gum disease or tooth decay.
– Mouthwash can reduce plaque buildup.
Always practice effective daily oral health care habits to ensure your teeth and gums are at their best. For additional protection, such as oral exams and professional cleanings with Dr. Jason Nicoletti, stop by Nicoletti Dental Group at our office in Poughkeepsie, New York to book an appointment, or call us at 845.452.8410. Your perfect smile is our highest goal!