Lasers can be used for an assortment of dental procedures. Not only are lasers used to prepare your teeth for treatments, but they can also be used for diagnostic purposes. Lasers have become an integral part of dentistry over the last 15 years.
– Lasers can extract small amounts of tissue for cancer biopsies
– Lasers can be used to treat cavities by burning away the decay and preparing a tooth for a filling to be inserted.
– Lasers are strong enough to reshape the gum tissue around teeth, and to eliminate bacteria and prepare teeth for a variety of treatments and procedures, including root canals.
– Lasers can enhance the health of your gum tissue by easily removing various abnormalities like sores and lesions.
– Lasers can be used to activate the gels used in teeth whitening procedures.
If you are interested in finding out how laser dentistry can benefit you, call 845.452.8410 to find out how we use lasers at Nicoletti Dental Group in Poughkeepsie, New York. Dr. Jason Nicoletti will be happy to give you an exam and cleaning.