Are you in need of a tooth extraction? It’s crucial to always plan before and after a medical procedure, especially tooth extractions so that your smile and oral health has the optimal recovery time. With tooth extractions, it is important to plan ahead. For a better understanding of the basics of tooth extraction recovery, listed below are principles concerning methods to use:
– Even though facial swelling is normal after a tooth extraction, ice packs and medications from your dentist can be used to help minimize the inflammation, but make sure to avoid using more than the suggested dosage.
– Your dentist has plenty of wonderful tried-and-true techniques for patients healing from tooth extraction, so follow them as intended.
– Rest is of critical importance after any surgery, and tooth extractions are no different, no matter how simple the procedure may seem. Allow yourself time to rest and avoid working out for a few days after the extraction.
– Your dentist is available after your treatment phase should you need them for any reason pertaining to your recovery.
– To prevent choking hazards, do not drink or eat any meals until the anesthesia has worn off.
If you would like to schedule a tooth extraction session at Nicoletti Dental Group, simply call our dentist office in Poughkeepsie, New York, at our number 845.452.8410. Dr. Jason Nicoletti and our entire team await. It’s never too late to start taking steps to a healthier you!